1. Executant must be physically present for attestation of the Power of Attorney at the Consulate before the consular officer along with original passport / NICOP and he/she must sign the document in front of the consular officer. We do not accept application for Power of Attorney / Affidavits through post.
2. Power of Attorney/ Affidavit/Authority Letter must be prepared by the applicant himself. We do not offer any such service.
3. All attestations are done same day if all the requirements are fulfilled.
4. We do not accept cash. All types of Credit / Debit Cards are accepted for payment in the Consulate General through EFTPOS machine at the Consular Services Counter (bank charges apply). Please note Consular fee once deposited cannot be refunded. In case a Power of Attorney is to be executed by more than one person, the fee is charged per executants/applicants.
Original Power of Attorney / Affidavit required to be attested
Application Form for PoA / Attestation duly filled in and signed including statutory declaration
Applicant’s original Pakistani Passport/CNIC along with its copy.
Two Witnesses and copies of their CNIC/NICOP/Pakistani passport.
Two passport size photographs of the Executant/applicant.
Attestation Fee AUD $20.00 (Bank charges apply).
1. All documents (such as birth, death, marriage, divorce certificates and educational degrees etc.) issued by the Australian entities needing attestation have to be first notarized/attested by the Authentication Office of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) located in every state capital of Australia.
2. All documents (such as birth, death, marriage, divorce, Police Character Certificates and educational degrees etc.) issued by the departments of the Government of Pakistan needing attestation have to be first notarized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Islamabad or its four camp offices in the provincial capitals.
3. You can send us the documents other than the Power of Attorney / Affidavit through post for attestation but please do not forget to send a self-addressed return envelope and Fee as bank draft/postal order, if sending by post.
4. We carry out the attestation on the same day, if all the required documents are satisfactory and complete.
5. We do not accept cash. All types of Credit / Debit Cards are accepted for payment in the Consulate General Sydney through EFTPOS machine at the Consular Services Counter (bank charges apply).
Application Form for Attestation duly filled in and signed including statutory declaration
Applicant’s Passport & CNIC/NICOP
Applicant’s copy of Passport and CNIC / NICOP (for Pakistani nationals) attested by Justice of Peace (JP), if sending by post .
Attestation Fee AUD $20.00 (Bank charges apply).
Australian documents need to be attested from DFAT in the state concerned before sending it to the Mission. Detailed information is available in the General Information (Attestation) Section of this page.
The applicants/executants must visit the Consulate for attestation of Power of Attorney. However, senior citizens (Aged 65 years aand above) who cannot come to the Consulate can get appointment by calling at 0396967348 or emailing at email@example.com. The Consulate team will visit and attest power of attorney for senior citizens at home.
We cannot cancel POA executed by any person. However, you can provide us a written statement in the Consulate to revoke the POA earlier executed by you. In such an event, we will be attesting your signatures on this statement like routine Affidavit / statement / POA.
It is strongly recommended that you may like to seek proper Legal Advice for preparation of this document / statement of revocation of Power of attorney.
For correction in spelling in the name, etc. (if any) you will have to do it with pen and initial over it. These corrections can only be made before attestation of the power of attorney. No corrections can be made in the contents of the document after its execution.
In case of Australian documents they need to be attested from DFAT in the state concerned before sending it to us. Once attested by DFAT, the Consulate General will counter attest these documents. Fee has to be paid in the form of money order or bank draft in the name of the Consulate if you are sending your documents by post. If you are posting your documents please send with a self addressed return envelope.
You can send us your application, processing fees (in the form Pay Order / Banker’s Cheque) and documents through mail or courier along with a pre-paid self addressed envelope. If all documents are found satisfactory and complete, we will attest the required documents and return the same as soon as possible.
All documents issued by the Pakistani Government offices or institutes such as educational degrees etc must be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Islamabad or respective camp offices in Pakistan before being brought for attestation by the Mission.
If you can obtain a Police Character Certificate (PCC) directly from Pakistan, then as per the standard requirement, you need to get the original PCC attested from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) Islamabad or its camp offices in Karachi, Lahore, Peshawar or Quetta. Once you get the PCC attested from MoFA, you can then submit it to the Mission for counter Attestation.