1. Executant must be physically present for attestation of the Power of Attorney at the Consulate before the consular officer along with original passport / NICOP and he/she must sign the document in front of the consular officer. We do not accept application for Power of Attorney / Affidavits through post.
2. Power of Attorney/ Affidavit/Authority Letter must be prepared by the applicant himself. We do not offer any such service.
3. All attestations are done same day if all the requirements are fulfilled.
4. We do not accept cash. All types of Credit / Debit Cards are accepted for payment in the Consulate General through EFTPOS machine at the Consular Services Counter (bank charges apply). Please note Consular fee once deposited cannot be refunded. In case a Power of Attorney is to be executed by more than one person, the fee is charged per executants/applicants.
5. Consular timings are 0930 – 1300 hours (Monday-Thursday); 0930-1200 hours (Friday)